Done, well mostly anyway. Today I dug up the remaining few chunks of sod, raked it out and put in seed. The seed didn’t go as far as I thought, so I ordered more and will be here tomorrow. I also put up the netting for the Morning Glories that will be along the brick wall. From a short distance, the netting can’t be seen with the exception of a little where it covers the windows.
Almost there, almost. I only have a few squares of sod to go, I just couldn’t finish it today, though I did get the willows transplanted. I’m saving the sod strips and squares for another project. I plan, hopefully, put them down outside the back door where all there is some gravel and stuff, though I have to wait for that until the snow melts back there, not much sun.
Anyway, this project should be done tomorrow, including seeding of the wildflowers.
I’ve been digging, digging a lot. I’m in the process of digging up sod in a smallish area next to the garage. I hate having to pull out the push mower just for this one area, so I’m removing the sod and going to plant wildflower seeds. That has been a hard enough job, but I also have to move three pussy willow plants that keep getting eaten by deer, rabbits and they get hammered by the snow sliding off the roof. So, to move those willows to where I want them, I needed to remove two Rose bushes, I don’t care for them in that location and there is already a rose hedge. Removing the roses was a real trick, I had to use a tow strap and the lawn tractor to pull the fuckers out.
Anyway, I have a little more that half the sod dug up and two of the willows (not sure yet where to place the third one) transplanted. I’m fucking beat!