Well, it’s just 10 days until we head out. We’re having a party this Saturday to say farewell to friends. We have most of the big items packed in the trailer, though still lots to go. We’ve got our reservations set for the trip west. Most of our stays will be in KOA Kabins.
Sept. 1st, Marquette, MI
Sept. 2nd & 3rd, Bemidji, MN
Sept. 4th, Williston, ND
Sept. 5th, Great Falls, MT
Sept. 6th – 8th, Hungry Horse, MT
Sept. 9th Spokane, WA
Sept. 10th & 11th, Bellingham, WA
Sept. 12th, Board Alaska Marine Highway
Not much more to say, so much to do, so little time.
’till next time
Yes, that’s it, our soon to be new address!
Front of Home
Back of Home
We have a lot more photos of the place that the landlord took for us, but there are people still in the house and it’s a bit messy. I might post some more another time.
Either way…We Have A House!
Man it’s tough, tough finding a house and not a condo or duplex that will allow our 3 dogs. I though we had a place, talked with the landlord many times and it sounded like we were in. Then, I hadn’t heard from her for a couple days so I called to see what was up. She then told me that she had about 4 others that have applied for that rental. In all the talking I had done with her prier, it sounded like we had the place. Well, during the call she said she would be making her decision the next day, that was last Monday and no call from her. I guess we didn’t get the house, would have been nice if she would have called or emailed to let me know of her decision.
Anyway, I’ve been in contact with someone else on a house and he said that the house is empty now with no one waiting to move in, sounds good. He’s a tough one to get in contact with though. The first time I call him he was in FL and said he would be back in AK over the weekend then off to Africa. I’m now just waiting for him to get back with me on this rental.
In the mean time, I keep looking.
There is no turning back now from our move. I have put in my resignation and posted my job to our employment page on the LTBB Website.
The date of our move and arrival are finally set!
We’ll be boarding the Alaska Marine Highway September 12 and arriving in Whittier AK September 18.
The ferry trip is in 2 legs.
Depart Bellingham 6:00 pm September 12th on Columbia
Arrive September 14th in Ketchikanat 9:15 am
Depart Ketchikan at 1:15 pm
Arrive in Wrangell at 6:45 pm
Depart Wrangell at 7:30 pm
Arrive in Petersburg 10:45 pm
Depart Petersburg 11:30 pm
Arrive in Juneau 7:15 am September 15th
Depart Juneau September 16th at 1:30 pm on Kennicott
Arrive in Yakutat September 17th 6:30 am
Depart Yakutat 8:00 am
Arrive in Whittier September 18th 6:00 am
We desided to go the ferry route mainly to avoid Canada and the hasle it has become to cross the border. Besides, traviling the Inside Passsage in September is going to be wonderful.
We’ll be leaving Harbor Springs on August 31st and driving US 2 to Seattle.
Now that we have a set date, we have to get our butts in gear and get ready. Going to be a very busy 95 days from now until then.